REBUILDERS!

...you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings....
Isaiah 58:12

Apr 2, 2008

20501005 - Entry 4

(Paul Kim)20501005 - Entry 4

A Business Card for Your Avatar
By partnering with online communities and building a geek-chic brand, an online printing startup sells business cards to people without businesses

original article

Well, Today I would like to talk about business cards that prof.Lee has given us as a project.While I was thinking about how to make my business card which should express myself well,I found this article which is about Moo,a London-based online printing company.You may wonder how Moo is different from other printing companies.Let me tell you the reason. Moo is selling business cards(or, more accurately, calling cards) to people who don't have businesses. Instead, they have blogs, online photo sets, and avatars. It was a hugh and new niche!!Since Moo has launched its services in September, 2006, it has shipped more than 30,000 orders to 140 countries. Isn't it amazing?Can you realize the reason why it is successful?Moo offers services that people can customize their business cards, and there are lots of options people can choose.In addtion, Moo made some partnerships with some of the Web's most popular online communities, so it can enlarge its market share and brand value.According to the article, At half the height of a standard business card, Moo's "minicards" offer a distinctive canvas, and for about 25¢ each users can put a different image on every single card they order, with a simple drag, drop, zoom, and crop. Wow,, It is impressive.Now, I am thinking of something innovative and special design for my own business card.I think it might be great that I get some idea from Moo's design.Anyway, these days I am so excited to think of my own business card.I'll try to make the best one! :)

No comments: